Are you ready to join our team? You’re in the right spot!
You’ve read the website. You’ve watched the videos. You’re stoked about the idea of a summer at camp pouring God’s love into kids. You know about us, so now we want to get to know you! Here is a summary of our application process:
Step One: Apply!
• We start accepting applications for new summer staff and CITs in Mid-November.
• Are you over 18 and graduated from high school? Use the “New Staff Application.”
• Are you still in high school? Use the “New CIT Application.” (Not available, currently full.)
• After submitting the application, keep an eye on your email. 3-5 days later, we’ll contact you to schedule an interview. We’ll also send you some further details about our summer team and where you fit in. Read it to come up with some questions for us!
Step Two: Interview
• The interview is a time for us to learn more about you and equally important, for you to understand more about us! We will chat about camp experiences you’ve had, your spiritual life, your previous work and volunteer experiences, formative life experiences, any summer vacation plans, and your questions about the position.
• Interviews will take approximately 45-60 minutes. We’d love to meet you in-person at Camp Highroad or a convenient location in Leesburg, VA! We understand, though, that distance can be a hindrance, so we can also arrange to do a video interview through Skype or FaceTime.
Step Three: Take the Next Step
• After your interview, we’ll take a week or two to make our decision. This gives us time to check your references and gives you time to consider whether Camp Highroad is a solid fit for you.
• Whether or not we decide to offer you a position, you will hear from us about the next steps within two-three weeks of your interview. We give our previous staff until January 15 to let us know if they are returning, so if you are applying in December, you’ll have to wait a little longer to hear our decision.
• If we think you’ll be a great addition to our team, you will receive an offer email with a contract attached. To confirm your spot, you must sign and return the contract via email or regular mail within three weeks from your offer date.
If you have questions about the application, summer positions, or anything else camp-related, please contact our Summer Camp Coordinator by emailing email@example.com or calling 540-687-6262.